Hello!

My name is Riley Cone and I am 21 years old. I am currently in my second year of the Bachelor of Education program at the University of Victoria. I was born in the Comox Valley and I spent my entire life there. I graduated from École Au-coeur-de-l’île with my Dogwood diploma and the diplôme Cornouiller, meaning I am bilingual! After I graduated, I moved to Victoria to pursue my studies at Uvic. This year, with school being online due to COVID, I decided to stay home in Comox to save money!

In my free time, I enjoy being outside. There are so many different places to explore. Some of my favourite things to do outside are hiking to different waterfalls, walking on the beach, and swimming in lakes and rivers. I also enjoy traveling. I have only been to four different countries in my life and I hope to increase that number as I get older (and once COVID is over!). I have been to Canada (of course), the United States of America, Mexico, and Guatemala. When I am at home I enjoy baking and cooking, watching movies, and spending time with my friends and family.

Ever since I can remember I have had a passion for working with children. Throughout my life, I have had a lot of wonderful opportunities of working with kids which I have outlined in my “Relevant Experience” section. Thanks to all the different experiences I’ve had, I have developed many skills such as patience, organization, adaptability, and empathy.

I genuinely love spending time with children. I am truly inspired by their active imaginations and creativity. I love how teaching is never limited in ways of encouraging individual growth and learning!

I am excited to continue learning and developing my skills and to begin my teaching journey!